Our Top Priority — Our Guests: COVID-19 update
At the Frixos Suites Hotel, the safety and security of our guests and team members has always been one of our highest priorities, now with Covid-19 in our lives for the long term, it will be even more so!
Our hotel will reopen under all the appropriate and controlled health and safety conditions
to reduce to the greatest extent possible the risk of spreading the virus to employees, clients,
visitors and to the society in general.
Therefore, we have taken new safety procedures and controls from official sources such as the Ministry of Health, the Department of Labor Inspection, the Press and Information Office of the Republic of Cyprus, the World Health Organization, the European Center for Disease Control and Prevention (ECDC).
Coronavirus in Cyprus
After analyzing the epidemiological data and evaluating of the factors, the Council of Ministers, and after hearing the recommendations of the Scientific Advisory Committee and the proposals of the technical committee from the relevant Ministries, decided to apply measures as of 26th April 2021.
Answers to FAQ as of 29/05/2021 on measures to contain the COVID-19 pandemic.
Epidemiological risk assessment of countries concerning COVID-19, dated 31/05/2021.
Flying to Cyprus
To facilitate your travel arrangements to Cyprus and ensure the capture of all necessary information required by the Health authorities, the Republic of Cyprus have created the CyprusFlightPass portal where you can complete all the necessary formalities in a quick and easy way and receive your authorisation to fly.
COVID-19 Destination Protocol to Cyprus – Updated 10th May 2021.
Cyprus travel protocol for vaccinated travellers.
Hotel's Safety Controls & Measures
In light of COVID-19, what steps is Frixos Suites Hotel taking to help protect guests and employees?
Here are some of the many new procedures we have introduced to protect you during the current COVID-19 crisis.
1. Team Members:All our team members receive regular training on the standards regarding COVID-19 health & safety protocols. Every member of staff will strictly comply with these protective measures which include hand hygiene, wearing masks indoors and outdoors and physical distancing. Employees will also be asked to stay home and seek medical attention if they, or someone in their household, has any COVID-19 symptoms.
2. Arrival: On arrival our staff will act as your guide, sensitively communicating all the hygiene measures so you can move around the hotel, knowing that you are being looked after with the greatest care.
3. Hygiene: Hand sanitizer, dispensers, are available in key places including: main entrance, reception, restaurant entrances, lockers, public toilets, meeting and event spaces, spas, pools and gym.
4. Medical Support: Any medical support required will be provided in line with government regulations. The hotel has first aiders on duty at all times and a designated Doctor on call 24 hrs., to provide assistance, including testing and health check services. Our team members have clear instructions for reporting any possible cases of COVID-19 to senior management and external authorities as required.
5. COVID-19 awareness: Information is available for guests on the tablets in all our rooms.
6. Cleaning & Disinfection: The disinfection frequency of all high touch points in the hotels public areas has been increased to once per hour. These areas include, but are not limited to: Reception counters, Concierge desk, lifts and lift buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys & stair handrails. Guest bedrooms will be fully disinfected after every departure, prior to a new guest arriving.
7. Cleaning Protocols: Our cleaning products and protocols meet specific guidelines for approved effective use against viruses and bacteria. When cleaning guest rooms, we pay particular attention to high-touch items. All bed & bath linen is washed at a high temperature.
8. Facilities & Outlets: The Restaurants, Bars, Spa, pool areas, Gym and all other outlets will also observe physical distancing and comply with the current mandated occupancy limits. These areas will be disinfected regularly and after each use, including tables, seating, sun beds, massage beds and gym equipment.
9. Physical Distancing: Throughout the hotel, we adhere to the guidelines for proper physical distancing. Guests and employees must practice physical distancing whenever possible, by standing at least 2m away from people they are not travelling with.
If a hotel guest becomes ill with COVID, what are the hotels self isolating rules?
In the case that a hotel guest develops symptoms and is a suspected CV19 case whilst at the hotel, that person and their travelling companions have to immediately self isolate in their rooms and await arrival of state medical services who will test and confirm whether they are positive or not. If they are positive they will be transferred to the quarantine facility in Larnaka and will remain there for 14 days. The expenses for this will be born by the Cyprus government. The patient will bear only the cost of amending their return flight tickets. All the rooms in the hotel are fully disinfected between departure of guests and arrival of new guests.
What are the changes around the pool area we should expect, is access to use the pool limited?
Around the pool Sunbeds will be further apart with 4 metres between umbrellas and 2 metres between pairs of sunbeds or family groupings. The hotel occupancy from November onwards will be low so there will be plenty of space available for guests to keep physical distancing and this will apply to bathers in the pool as well. At the moment we cannot serve guests at the pool bar, drinks are ordered and brought to the sunbeds, or guests will be able to sit at the tables next to the Pool bar and be served drinks.
What changes to restaurants should we expect, limited availability?
Restaurant is operating with reduced availability and opening times. All staff in the hotel will wear masks, it is obligatory for guests to do so as well when walking through the hotels public areas.
We trust these actions will help put your mind at ease and although we have taken all these measures, there will not be any perceptible changes to your holiday experience at our hotel. In fact, this year there will be more space for you to relax, reward yourselves and enjoy the experience!